Saturday, October 18, 2008

On Goals, On Life, On Blogs

Geez, blogs require a discipline. If I want to blog, I am going to need such discipline myself. It has been a while since I wrote and there is a lot going on in my life worth blogging about.

I will summarize with lessons I have learned from life and New York.

  • If Astoria had a Barnes and Noble and some galleries, it would be perfect.
  • I have to stop reading into financial news. It is depressing! It spoils my mood.
  • I am learning to type with all of my fingers. It is taking me a while to learn because of certain wired things in my brain, but I have never given up. In fact, I am good with accuracy right now, but I need to work on my speed.
  • My new obsession right now is about books of communication. I am especially interested in learning to start conversations, be more assertive and learning body language.
  • As for fiction, Sattvic gave me the book Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse. I have read the book before and also watched the movie quite a few times, but it is always worth watching again. In addition, I am finishing to read The Kite Runner.
  • I love DUMBO in Brooklyn. I could not make it to all of the interactive stuff around, but even the art galleries were worth exploring. I also went with Sattvic to the Metropolitan Museum of art, which we naturally did not finish.
  • I am taking a course of how to apply Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with clients. It is not related to my current job but it is related to my career. In a way, this is also therapy because in order to be an effective Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, I have to learn to apply it on myself. Now, I used to be extremely emotional before, so I already had some practice of how writing made me become less impulsive and emotional because I would step back and see the pattern of my thoughts. Now, I do NOT recommend showing the contents of the book to anyone else, because there is so much emotion pouring to it that it will give your loved ones the wrong idea.
  • I will also take an Art of Living course later this month.
  • Oh, on Monday I went to Winegasm here in Astoria. It is an amazing place to be. I met a few people but forgot the phone of one of them. I guess I will have to wait for next time.

No comments: