Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reflections, On How To Get Back to One's Self!

I have not felt like myself this past week. And by myself it means, the happy, peaceful girl who loves New York.

Way too much going on.

Several events went this past week that made me go in a retreat mood. I have not been this girl who speaks with a smile in her face... I need to recover her.

So, I have a game plan to recover that gal. It has included giving up a few things I have been happy with for a week. But there are other steps...

I need to reconnect with my passions. I think I have had lost touch with it a lot.
I am watching funny movies also.
Thought stopping, trying not to think the things that have overwhelmed me as a result of some events.
And also, thinking which events could I go. I need to reconnect with my passion for books and independent movies, which I have been doing, although not very heartedly.

I actually need to get back I touch with myself. This past week threw me out and I became very existential. I had to be my own Social Worker and my own client last Saturday, just taking a hard look at where I am and where my life is headed.

I am not known for giving up, mind you. If I am seeing I am lacking peace, I go ahead and recover it. I also need to tell others that you should never be hard on yourself when you become extremely anxious. It happens to the best of us. But the idea is to get back to where you have always been.

So, I am trying to cultivate a lot of passions this week that I need to cultivate, as well as taking a small course on new relaxation techniques. I need to put my life in order in order to share my usually happy self with others.

I am sure I will decompress this week.

In other words, if you feel overwhelmed about things, decompress. It is not a matter of staying alone, but a matter to get back in touch with your self and your center. Do a game plan, take a hard look at yourself, and come to grips with things if you need to.

No comments: