Saturday, June 21, 2008

Okay, My Muse Wins, I will Start Earlier!

I was intending to leave this project to the time I would move to New York (which, by the way, it is going to happen next thursday). I figured it would make more sense to do so because of the new chapter in my life that would start right there. Well, apparently my muse was desperate and had other parts. Perhaps I should blame it to the anticipation of a new chapter to come. Besides, Chicago, where I am right now, is another urban landscape that will be part of my life in years to come.

Some , if not most, of the things I write here come from a notebook. Why is this?

I have a digital camera. I use it to take pictures of whatever I find worthy wherever I go. When it comes to pictures, I tend to be pretty spontaneous. Then, when I transfer the pictures to my computer, I tend to select the ones that will go in the internet albums. This is the same case with the notebook; I will chronicle significant happenings and thoughts whenever it is possible to me, before I forget them, and then see if they are worth being in the blog. This will let me analyze, determine and edit the content before it hits here.

I wish I could just carry the laptop, but there are advantages with the notebook. No need to turn it on, just open it and it's done; and it is not as heavy. Especially when it comes to walk through the city and considering my current pain in the back, it is important.

No comments: