Wednesday, July 23, 2008

These Past Two Weeks Part 2: Central Park Concerts and The Kid

Well, as you know, there are a lot of free events at Central Park this summer. I already went to my first free concert in which I enjoyed Dengue Fever and Rachid Taha. There, I also finally met the guy who in this blog I will call "the Kid." Like me, The Kid is pretty much starting his career here in New York. We both met some of the members of Dengue Fever, and it was great fun. Once the concerts finished, we walked a lot of avenues in Manhattan to end up eating in a restaurant called Agra at the 6th street (between Lexington and 3rd, I believe), and the kid was clever enough to make sure the waiter would get very authentic food (even though it was North Indian). This occurred after trying to eat at Fig and Olive only to realize that it was beyond our budget. Ever since, The Kid and I have given each other a lot of company, hanging out together everywhere. There was a party at Tavern at the Green and we both went together. We also dined together at Tierras Colombianas here in Astoria (not the best choice for a vegetarian person on a tight budget, even with someone else paying and all. The juices are amazing though, and The Kid loved the sweet plaintain with Guava paste and cheese), and then we hung out together and flirted a lot in Bungalo, a lounge in Broadway street not far from that restaurant. Really cozy, and decent music to dance (with the occasional annoying reaggeton).

However... The Kid and I are not dating, but he for sure loves to flirt with me. The thing is that right now I am trying to figure out my life and perhaps enjoy my happily single status, at least for a while. Besides, I have discovered that I have a hard time with casual relationships. I am not sure what it is about me that I end up getting too involved. It might not happen, but I don't want to take chances.

All this said, maybe I will soon meet the person that makes me change my mind about singlehood, but I want to enjoy it until/if such thing happens.

But despite the flirtation and constant company, I am clear on one thing: The Kid and I will not be an item. Like I said, he is five years younger than I, on the other hand, I don't feel like committing right now and I am not good at casual relationships either. I will probably talk about it in another entry.

The last incidents with The Kid occurred this weekend. On Friday, I don't think I was in my best behaviour. After eating with my friend Smee (will talk more details about that in a next entry), I knew that the party was at Webster Hall at the Lower East Side. So I came with The Kid... But left with someone else. (And before any of you assume, I can assure you nothing happened).

So, to compensate for Saturday, as soon as I found out that there was a Desi Party in Tonic (via three guys I met there), I called the kid and urged him to come, which he did. I made him meet the other guys, and finally, we left. He flirted with me and told me twice that he wished he was 32. He can be funny like that

OK... More to come soon. I need to break down the pool of entries so I can update weekly.

No comments: